Saturday, February 25, 2012

Week 8- Corset Nails




This is my corset nail design for the challenge. I had planned to post this last weekend but unfortunately couldn't. It's been a tough week and I am just now logging back in from last weekend.


This is NYX 'Deep Space' topped with a stripe of Pure Ice 'Risk Taker' and then detailed with Milani black nail striper polish and a dotting tool.


I really enjoyed this combo because it was a bit more unexpected and subtle than most corset designs I have seen;


I really loved how it looked with just a stripe of 'Risk Taker'! Kind of like a ruffian, but better :D I think I will be wearing this design just like this in the near future.


I really love 'Risk Taker' all by itself too. It's my favorite Pure Ice ever, pretty color, easy application, and a one coater if you're in a hurry.

8 comments:

  1. Hey :) I've tagged you in two awards. Love your 'ruffian' btw, it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this mani! So cool! Hope everything is going better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your corsets came out great! Personally I found them a lot harder than they looked! Glad I found your blog, it's great so far! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, well done! My corset mani was disappointing, I'm going to retry, and I think I'll try out your combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackie- Thanks!!

    Jun- That's so sweet of you!!! I'm going to go look at them right now! I really like this 'ruffian' too. I think I will be wearing it some time during the roadtrip maybe.

    Fingers- I so wanted to do the classic black with red like we talked about but I just didn't have it in me. Thanks for being there for me, it really means a lot.

    Vegan Makeup Junkie- Hey thanks! Yeah, I thought so too. They are a bit of a PITA but not too bad if you go slow. I saw your designs and thought they looked cool!

    Nichole- THANK YOU :D Sorry to hear that, you SHOULD give it another whirl and let me know when you post it :)

    Amy- Thank you so much!!! I had fun doing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how this turned out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete