Sunday, January 15, 2012

Challenge Week 3- Color Block Design













So here's my color block design. I based it off the modiran designs from the 70's





I am totally digging on this one :D

I started with two thick coats of Wet n Wild 'White Cream'. the shapes were filled in using dotting tools as will as Sally Hansen 'Pacific Blue', SH 'Cherry Red', and Wet n Wild 'The Wonder Yellows' then finished off with a Kiss black nail striper.
















What a pretty day out today. Sharin' a little of our Big Texas Skies :)

No big ring today, I couldn't really find one that went well with this without taking away from its design.



This is full sun as well. Oh how I wish I had a black nail art pen! The striping brush worked but it took forever! I think it looks great from a distance but my heart longs for crisp perfection when I get up close. I will just have to redo this mani once I get that pen :)


This last shot is before the Seche Vite top coat.

I can't wait to go see what everyone else did for their week 3 challenge :D

So what do y'all think? Have you done color blocking? Did you like it? Any tips?


10 comments:

  1. I really love how this turned out, think I need to try this version :P Well done :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails look amazing! I love the choice of design. I'm going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte- thanks so much! If you do one make sure to let me know, I'd love to see it :)

    Kaki- thanks girlie ;) when I first thought do color block this is what popped in my brain. I think it came out pretty good too for my first Mondrian design :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that design is all kinds of awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for visiting and good luck on the rest of the challenge! I haven't done week 3 yet, but this one looks like it's going to take a while..haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats gorgeous! I love it. This is usually what I think of when I hear color-block. I also like your left handed one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I like this design! It feels very 1970's and Brady Bunch-ish.

    (I also added you to my list of known year-long mani challenge blogs, if that's okay.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauriestrode-THANKS :D Kinda Groooovy ;)

    Cindy-y -Glad to find another challenger. I love to see everyone's interpretations and how it lets us all to reach outside of our comfort zones to try something that we may not have attempted without the challenge :)

    Samantha- THANK GOODNESS! After seeing all the other color block manis I thought maybe I was just weird (which is still probaly true anyway). When I read color block the first thing that came to mind was a Mondrian painting.

    Lissa- HEHEHE I think so too, I LOVE retro loike the B-52's. Can't you see that chick fromn the B-52's wearing a dress like this? And yes, thank you, I'd love to be included in the challenger list. Am I following you yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gypsy!
    I love this mani!! *.* The colors and the design too.
    I add you at my challange-list. (:
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks IsaBella, I loved your color block too. And thanks for adding me! I will be adding a list of the competitors that I am following too starting this week.

    ReplyDelete