Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Awareness Acrylic Pink Nails



These nails were painted with acrylic paints and topped with SV. I didn't have three matching hues of pink so I dicided to use 'Hot Pink' by Apple Barrel and add white to create new shades. The colors came out find but the application was difficult and it took two coats of SV just to hide the majority of the brush strokes :P. I wanted to do a couple sime base coat designs that people could add to with ribbons or stamps or decals.







The dots were too large for my dotting tools so I used the end of a paintbrush. I think these would have bee better either with fewer dots or with even larger dots that overlaped eachother here and there. I do think they are cute and light hearted though and with the white base they will surely catch some attention :D You could also add an accent nail with another (maybe darker) base and then add a pink ribbon.




6 comments:

  1. OMG, OMG, OMG! Sister, did you get any sleep! Those are gorgeous, and so many of them. I think I'll go fo 10 different designs, one on each nail! Lol!

    Don't aks me what I'll be doing on Sat. night: my pretty ribbon pink nails!

    Thank you so much for your contribution. You can bet I'm going to talk about you on my blog pretty soon.

    This a good cause and a very special day for me each year. Here are my pics of last year Run:

    https://picasaweb.google.com/CreationsQamar/Photos2010PourQuiCourezVous#slideshow/5657486428168054450

    Hug 'n' kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both really awesome-does acrylic paint come off with acetone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These would be really cute to use for a Valentine's Day design too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Peche- I'm so glad you like them :D I had a feeling you would do an eclectic mani lol. I think it's great that you do the run every year to offer support where it is so needed. Strength in numbers girl! Make sure you post pics of you mani on your blog so I can see :)

    @Fingers- Thanks! yes they come off easily with acetone and if you make any mistakes you can take it off with water as long as you do it before it dries (and before you add any topcoat).

    @ScarsLikeLace- You know I was thinking exactly the same thing when I was taking the pics lol. And you could add hearts and flower stamping, maybe even some conversational heart sayings too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear, I have walked my 5km under a rainy and chilly wheater, but I didn't feel it much since being among thousands of people who were there for this special cause was so heartwarming.

    I post pictures of the "Pink Nails for the Cause" mani on my blog with a special word just for you, bella! ;) Thx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love when people do nails for a cause/awareness! Thank you for sharing =)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete