Friday, July 22, 2011

Comparing Whites and Testing for Halloween :D


I only have four whites to compare but I thought I would share what I found (with what I have on hand *pardon the pun* )  :P

Starting at the top left is my L'Oreal Shock Proof  'French Tip White'
Top right is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 'White On'
Middle left is Wet n Wild Flirt 'Never Been Kissed'
Middle right is L.A. Colors -no name white
Bottom left again is  L'Oreal Shock Proof  'French Tip White'
Bottom right is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 'White On'

My Results: Well I think it's fairly obvious that the Wet n Wild Flirt and the L.A. Colors are what NOT to use. With L'Oreal being the brightest and most crisp followed by a close second, Sally Hansen. I will continue, however, to use the other two whites for base coats under other polishes. No wasted polish here!! ;)






 
Here are my first attempts at Halloween nails. I just picked up a new orange from Confetti 'Conga Line' and while it is quite stunning it performed very poorly with stamping and was not very easy to marble with. This is the best I could come up with.....for now ;/ I love a challenge!

The skull and bats design is really fun and I can see it on my nails this coming October but it does leave me wishing for some Konad Special white :( I think I will have to break down and buy a white and a black and only use it when nothing else will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment