Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What Polish To Stamp With???

EDIT: MY NEW FAVIORITE BLACK IS WETnWILD
'BLACK CREME'
AND FOR ONLY $1.  TRY IT, YOU'LL LOVE IT!


From left to right
Wet n Wild 'Ebony Hates Chris', Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear #370 'Black Out', L.A. Colors 'Black Velvet' and a really really old (probably like 10 years lol) and thick Artmatic 'Black Satin'

The top two are the Wet n Wild and SH blacks to compare the depth to
Left: NYC Long Wearing #115 Skin Tight Denim Cream    Right: Wet n Wild 'Saved by the Blue'


Again, the top two are the blacks to compare to
Left: Confetti #041 Masquerade Ball  Center: Sinful Colors #860 Mercury Rising  Right:Sally Hansen Insta-Dri 'Coco a-go-go'


Top Left: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri 'Teal-y Fast'  Right: Wet n Wild 'Teal or No Teal'
Bottom Left: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri 'Uptempo Plum'  Right Sally Hansen #170 'Deep Purple'


OK, now that's all told, how about some results and my possible new favorites:

I'm thinking I like the tones of the Wet n Wild Black best with the SH being a good back up but I would recommend to everyone to NOT throw out that old polish! It may not be suitable for painting your nails but it might be great for stamping! For once, being a pack-rat finally pays off :D

I'm totally Lovin' the NYC blue, pretty nice for $1 but I may still use the Wet n wild blue on really light colors for a Spingtime feel

As for the brown(ish) tones I really am kind of partial to the Sinful Colors due to it's redish hues but if I really needed a bit more of an espresso feel I would go with the Confetti because I think it looks just as good as the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri but for less than half the price

The teals- Wellllllll I just Love Love Love the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in this shade! The Wet n Wild would only really be usefull if using it on a white or a pastel I think.

The purples- again, totally Lovin' the sally Hansen Insta-Dri (but not quite as much as the teal). As for the Sally Hansen Deep Purple, again probably only on white or pastels.

Well I hope this helps you all. I know I will be refering to this over the next couple week as my memory is horrible. I think my cronic case of CRS is getting worse lol. I still need to do further testing on plates with larger areas but I felt it was more telling how well the colors did with detail work.


No comments:

Post a Comment